Adopting a dog is one of the good ways to have a new pet. However, it is also very important to make sure that the pets we adopt are free from coccidia parasites. It should be noted that they come from a pet house, which are crowded with some other animals. This situation makes them very prone to the coccidia transmission. Likewise, you may need to be very patient upon bringing them to a new home. You need to understand that making them live in a whole new place that is different from where they have come from can be very stressful. You would notice that they hardly get to sleep and eat.
For your own good, the following are helpful tips on adopting a dog.
- Before adopting a dog, make sure that the dog you choose is free of any dog health problems, especially coccidia.
- Buy all the things that are needed for a perfect dog health care at home. This includes, food bowls, water, dog food, leash, collar, and beddings. By then, it is also important that you know what type of food the facility has used to feed the dog so that you would know what to feed. This is also important in order for you to be able to make a good transition, in case you want to feed the dog with a new kind of food.
- When your newly adopted dog reaches home, you can also feed him with boiled potatoes together with the new food in order to prevent dog diarrhea.
- In adopting a dog, do not allow the dog to roam around the place without having you around. This is to avoid the dog from ingesting anything, which may contain coccidia parasites. It is even better to tour your new pet around the house on the first day. This will make your pet easily gets familiar with the place.
- For a couple of weeks, get to know with your pet. Anticipate any further dog health problems by being patient with the dog, and be consistent if you plan to make a new set of rules of train the dog.
- As part of the good tips on adopting a dog, watch out for several things like bad appetite, shyness, excitement, anxiety, or restlessness with your dog. If any of these symptoms last for several days, it may be necessary to call your vet.
- Treat your dog as a member of the family. Dogs easily befriend when they feel at home and given importance by all the people in the house.